Religious faith happens because people try and understand life?s unanswerable questions ? like
· ?why is there suffering??
· ?what happens when you die?.
To answer these sort of questions, people may believe in a superhuman, extra-terrestrial power, or powers that govern the universe. People with religious faiths will be reverent about this, like, through worship or deference.
Other people don?t hold such beliefs, but put their trust in things like
· the collective goodness of humanity,
· earth?s rhythms (see Gaia)
· or in a particular political system.
People may believe in these with the same intensity and independence from proof, although they are not religions.